Janasiri distributors Web Project
In 1952, the business was founded by M.D. Dias Appuhamy in the address of 171, Colombo street kandy. His main line of business was the trading coir products. He decided to call this business “JANASIRI”. This was the foundation of today’s multi enterpriced “Janasiri Group”.
In 1972, M.D Ariyawansa, the second son of founder was handed over the reins after his education at Dharmaraja College. The Young M.D Ariyawansa infused the business with fresh ideas and developed the business both in turnover and diversity.
In 1990, in addition to his existing business he decided to venture in to the food and beverage industry. He established “JANASIRI TRADERS”, at a new address of 147, Colombo street kandy. His client base was both the retail and the wholesale sector comprising of hotels and institutions.
In 1998, in a case of history repeating itself the elder son of founder Janasiri Traders , Chamilal Ariyawansa join the business to after his education at Dharmaraja College Kandy.
In 2005, The Janasiri Traders, relaunched as “JANASIRI DISTRIBUTORS (PVT) LTD, and also strikes a major deal with MNC Fonterra Brands Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and becomes the sole distributors for the Kandy, Central Province Sri lanka. Popular brands Anchor, Ratthi, Anlene, Anmam, Newdale, Pediapro, are all distributed currently by the company.
Also after 2005, Janasiri Distributors, expanded the food service wing to all over the Sri Lanka. The youthful energy of the management team and the customer service has made the establishment one of the largest and reputed food supplier to HORECA channel in Sri lanka.